Thursday, September 16, 2010

TWO WORDS: LISMORE AND JAPAN
Two words: Lismore and Japan.

I have both to thank for all the awesome fabrics and prints that are currently in my possession.

A recent trip to Lismore saw me scavenging through all the local op shops - they always have the best finds; visiting the local knick knack shops - special mention to Judy Mason from Pulling Threads in South Lismore who has the most spectacular collection of unusual and interesting fabrics; and raiding my mum's cupboards... thanks mum!

So that explains Lismore, but what about Japan?

Wish I could say that I had just ducked over there for a holiday, but sadly no. Instead I have a generous friend whose folks recently came for a visit and brought with them a collection of Japanese cottons with traditional prints... thank you Erica's parents!

I am eager to get in and make some magic happen with these fabrics...just need the little guy to permit me :)

Keep your eyes on the website. I am hoping to have a few designs up within the week,
and if any of you are particularly taken by any of the fabrics shown, please drop me a line - I'd love to create a personalised piece just for you (most personalised pieces cost between $20 - $30).

Tess Xx www.monkeyandmum.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment